How To Deep Clean Your OfficeMarch 14, 2017
Hidden-away nooks and crannies can harbour dust, mould and bacterial communities that may go unnoticed for months. An office deep clean goes beyond a standard clean, and is a vital annual task to ensure a healthy, clean and hygienic working environment. Like a home Spring clean, it’s a much-needed chance to give close attention to all areas of the office, including neglected surfaces and forgotten corners. In this article we’re covering how to deep clean your office, and why a hygienic office space affects everything from fewer sick days to boosting employee morale.
What is an office deep clean?
You should already have a regular cleaning schedule in place for your office, whether this is provided by an external company or delegated to employees via a rota.
Ideally an office deep clean should be carried out at least once a year, though larger companies might find that a bi-annual clean is more ideal to keep the office in top condition.
How can I deep clean the office?
- Move furniture out of the way so that all floors can be thoroughly cleaned without any hindrance. Shifting furniture can also reveal concealed areas of mould and mildew; this must be removed quickly to limit the negative effect on employees’ health.
- You can finally get rid of the old food and drink containers languishing in the office cupboards. An office deep clean is the ideal opportunity to transform the kitchen spaces into a more hygienic, less cluttered area for food preparation. And don’t forget to wipe down the inside of microwaves and dishwashers!
- Target surfaces that are usually missed by general clean-throughs, such as the tops of monitors, light switches, keyboards, door handles, telephones, vents, window sills, and other hidden-away areas. These areas often have many hands passing over them on a daily basis, and can become a haven for bacteria.
- Pay attention to hard-to-reach areas, like cobwebby corners, high shelves, and the tops of vending machines.
- Disinfect bathrooms to guarantee optimum levels of hygiene. This includes all surfaces, sanitary bins, and even mirrors.
- Offices are full of chairs, but they very rarely get cleaned. Freshen up your office chairs with an annual vacuum of the seats and backs.
- To ensure a thorough job, hire out a specialist such as Alban Cleaning. These professionals are fully kitted out with the appropriate cleaning technology and equipment to leave you with a spotless office. But if you fancy doing a DIY job, Alban Cleaning also stock a wide range of essential cleaning equipment and chemicals to help you get started.
What are the benefits of deep cleaning an office?
- Prevents illness: It’s shocking how germs can spread, particularly in high traffic environments such as an office. Light switches, telephones, keyboards and door handles, amongst other things, will have numerous hands passing over them every day. In an office setting, germs can spread readily amongst workers, resulting in more sick days and a waste of time and money. By thoroughly cleaning surfaces that may be neglected during an ordinary clean, germs can be eliminated, benefitting the health of staff and visitors alike.
- Improves the working environment: Employees are very influenced by their working environment. Spending the working week in a clean, hygienic and attractive office can boost happiness, health and morale, leading to a more productive workforce.
- Impresses clients: First impressions are vital. If your office has frequent visits from clients, the attractiveness and cleanliness of your office will influence clients’ ideas of your business, and may play a part in client retention.
Alban Cleaning provide premier office cleaning services in St. Albans, Hemel Hempstead and the surrounding areas. Our accredited staff can tackle any office space, providing a thorough deep-clean to keep your working environment in top condition. We also provide a wide range of cleaning and janitorial supplies to help you maintain your office hygiene. Get in touch by calling 01727 789 626 today or get in touch online to find out more about our products or services.
Comments are closed.